Squash Racquet

Get more information about squash here. We provide squash tips and squash guide for free!

15.11.10

Black Knight Squash

I played the game of squash on and off for about 18 years. Probably played with dozens of different rackets. Different materials, different compounds, different grips, different channels and different shaped rackets. Therefore, I have some opinions when it comes to rackets. For most players a brand like Dunlop, Black Knight, Wilson, Technifibre, Head, Prince, Manta, or any other suitable manufacturer Karakal racket. I do not want too hooked on the brand. Unless your one of the top 200 players on the PSA circuit, there is really no need to spend more than a hundred dollars for a racket.

What matters most is that this racquet feels good. Weight and stiffness are probably the two most important features. Also remember that a lighter bat, a good stiffness, reduces vibration and less likely to cause repetitive stress injuries, type of injuries in years. Another thing to keep in mind that when you stick you want to be really sure of at least 2 of them. In this way, when one breaks or is restrung, you are stuck playing with a racket altogether. I actually have four squash rackets in my bag now one more space. Only four of these non-playable at the moment. Wilson N145, the same in my room.

The oldest of these rackets (a Slazenger) has a hairline stress fracture, and will probably take some time. It’s like 10 years, it really does not owe me anything. The other two will be restringing, and I’m not sure they deserve to be restrung. One is a Unsquashable I won the tournament and has never been anything that is attached to. The latter is a Viper Black Knight, who is also quite old and may break as soon as I get it restrung. So I did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment